- Choose the Selection tool.
- Click the Buildings layer name to make the Buildings layer the active layer.
- Click anywhere outside the Stage to deselect the buildings.
- Choose the Rectangle tool.
- Activate the Property inspector.
- Click the Stroke color box and then choose no color as the stroke color.
- Click the Fill color box and then choose bright green as the fill color.
- Draw a rectangle below the buildings for the grass.
Add a Road
- Click the Fill color box and choose bright gray as the fill color.
- Draw a second rectangle below the green rectangle. The second rectangle is a road.
Add a Title Area
- Click the Fill color box and choose purple as the fill color.
- Draw the last rectangle, as shown.
Create a Trees Layer
Now you will add two trees to your movie. Make sure Buildings is the active layer. (You click on the layer name to make a layer active.)
- Choose Insert > Timeline > Layer from the menu. A new layer appears at the top of the Timeline.
- Choose Modify > Timeline > Layer Properties from the menu. The Layer Properties dialog box appears.
- Type Trees in the Name field.
- Click OK. Flash names the layer Trees.
Items stored in the Library can be used at anytime. Simply click the icon next to the Library object and drag the object into the Stage.
Take an Object out of the Library
- Activate the Library panel.
- Click the icon next to Tree and drag a tree onto the Stage.
You can use the Free Transform tool along with the Scale modifier to change the size of an object. The Free Transform tool places a rectangle around the selected object. To change the width of the object, click and drag the side handles of the rectangle. To change the height of the object, click and drag the top or bottom handles of the rectangle. To change the size proportionately, click and drag the corner handles.
Use the Free Transform Tool
- Choose the Free Transform tool . Handles appear around the tree.
- Choose the Scale Modifier .
- Drag a corner handle until the tree is the appropriate size.
- Use the Selection tool to place the tree in front of a building.
- Drag another tree onto the Stage and repeat the process.
|Table of Contents|